On the table: Raw Energy Brownies
From the Health-Giving Cookbook by Susan G Farkas OMD
presented by Wizo.
It’s about time that we can live in a world where brownies aren’t the enemy. This hearthy brownie recipe is the perfect answer to your need for a healthy dessert or treat. I prefer the taste of walnuts in these brownies, but feel free to use any other nut you like, including raw pecans or almonds. These brownies are perfect for kids, too.
Raw Energy Brownies
SERVINGS: 16-20 BROWNIES
• 1⁄2 lb raw walnuts
• 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1⁄2 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract)
• 1 cup raw cacao powder
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
• 1⁄2 lb pitted soft medjool dates
• 1 tablespoon maple Grade B syrup (optional - you can add more if you want the brownies a little sweeter)
• additional good cacao powder, for coating (optional)